1. The Steps of The Righteous
• I John 2:6 - He that says he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
• Psalms 37:23-24 - The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
• Psalms 37:37 - Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
• Psalms 119:35 - Make me to go in the path of your commandments, for therein do I delight.
2. The Prayers of The Righteous
• Psalms 34:15 - The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
• I Peter 3:12 - For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
• John 9:31 - Now we know that God hears not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and does his will, him he hears.
• James 5:16b - …The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails.
3. God Loves Righteousness
• Psalms 11:7 - For the righteous LORD loves righteousness, his countenance beholds the upright.
4. Who Are The Righteous?
• I John 3:7 - Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is
• Romans 2:13 - (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
• I John 2:29 - If you know that he is righteous, you know that every one that does righteousness is born of him.
5. Blessings For The Righteous
• Psalms 106:3 - Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that does righteousness at all times.
• Luke 11:28 - But he said, Yes rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
• Revelation 22:14 - Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Bible Reference Guide by Gale Wilcox.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture passages quoted are taken from the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible. While this may not be an exhaustive reference on the subject, it is intended to bring awareness of what God’s word says that you may know the truth, and be encouraged to study His word for yourself.