• James 2:5-6 - Hearken, my beloved brethren, has not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he has promised to them that love him? But you have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
• Job 34:18-19 - Is it fit to say to a king, you are wicked? and to princes, you are ungodly? How much less to him that accepts not the persons of princes, nor regards the rich more than the poor? For they all are the work of his hands.
• Proverbs 22:2 - The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.
• Deuteronomy 15:11 - For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.
• Mark 14:7 - For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.
Bible Reference Guide by Gale Henderson
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture passages quoted are taken from the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible. While this may not be an exhaustive reference on the subject, it is intended to bring awareness of what God’s word says that you may know the truth, and be encouraged to study His word for yourself.